Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Heart is on a Journey


Beginning: My heart is on a journey.
I’ve been to many places, yet still there’s more to see.

Verse 1:
I started my journey walking alone, not having a purpose or knowing where I’d go.
I wasn’t doing too well, was on my way to hell.
The sins that I wanted, a voice told me to sell.
And as I really listened to this voice more and more,
By faith I could see Him, ‘twas Jesus Christ the Lord.
He gave me a purpose, a map and a sword.

Verse 2:
He had me climb to a mountain peak, and that’s where I saw how the world is so empty.
It’s full of pleasure, but also many nets, And offers no true peace, or lasting happiness.
Ever since I climbed that mountainous way,
I’ve loved them with deep love and I earnestly pray
For them to know the Savior, and grow in grace.

Verse 3:
I’ve seen the ruins of Vaunting Pride in a land where many have died.
I used to like it there, and tarried for a time, But Jesus had me die, that I might have life.
The One who leads me is humble and meek,
And that’s what He’ll make me as His face I seek.
He’s the Source of strength for the heart’s journey.

Verse 4:
Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain. Feelings and emotions are nothing like faith.
Feelings come and go with the winds that blow,
And they lead the mind away from reality and faith.
I see how it is, and I’m so glad to know, And God will show me more as I onward go.
The right paths are His, so I will follow.

Verse 5:
I thought I’d seen love, but I didn’t stop long enough. Then God showed me I needed to soften up. Jesus bought each soul with His precious blood,
And as I’ve done to them, I’ve done it unto Him.
I’ve gone that much farther, and He is still leading.
The more I see of Him, the more it changes me.
The more Jesus leads, the better all will be.

Verse 6:
Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroyeth much good:
I fought against conscience, thinking I could win,
But I thought on my ways, and saw it was sin.
So now instead of fighting against my Lord,
I fight against self with His Spirit’s sword
Until I am with Him forevermore.

ENDING: Your heart is on a journey, so watch where you’re going and let Jesus lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment